Do you want to flash Samsung firmware with Odin on Mac OS? Do you want to downgrade or go back to Samsung stock ROM? If so, then use Odin, the most preferred, trusted, and official Samsung firmware flash tool available out there. In this guide, we’ll download and install the JOdin3 tool, an all-in-one Odin for Mac PC and Macbook.
Download the correct recovery, root or your desired file. How to use Odin in MAC OSX: 1. Download JOdin3 on your MacBook. Now open JOdin3 and click on PDA. Select the file you want to flash on your Samsung device. Now start your Samsung device in download mode. To do this, press and hold the power button + volume down + start. JOdin3 Tool – LATEST. How to Install JOdin3 on Mac OSX. At first, download and install Java on your macOS. Moreover, download heimdall-suite-1.4.0-mac.dmg and install it on your PC. If you have Samsung Smart Switch or Samsung Kies installed, uninstall them to avoid any interference. Extract the download JOdin3.zip file. Odin for Mac - Download and Install Odin (JOdin3) on Mac OS X: Odin is an Android Flash Tool for Samsung Galaxy devices. If you have a Samsung Galaxy Android Smartphone then you should know about Odin Flash Tool. You can use Odin for Mac to connect your Samsung device.
There are plenty of ways to flash stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy smartphones and tablets. However, the Odin flash tool is the number one preferred tool. It is also used at Samsung service center to repair mobile phones. Unfortunately, Odin is only compatible with Windows-based computers. But all thanks to XDA developer Adam Outler, Odin aka JOdin3 is now available for Mac and Linux OS.
What is JOdin3?
JOdin3 for Mac is an all-in-one Android flash tool, especially for Samsung Galaxy smartphones and tablets. This utility tool works on Linux as well as Mac operating system. Moreover, this software tool can flash stock firmware packages, custom recovery, CF-Auto-Root, model files, and OTA updates, etc. Most importantly, it is based on the Heimdall tool and CASUAL-X project.
The process to use JOdin is exactly similar to Odin Flash Tool on Windows OS. All you need to do is install the latest Samsung USB Drivers, Heimdall tool, and Java on your Mac PC and Macbook. Also, uninstall all the other flashing tools such as Samsung Smart Switch and Samsung Kies. Besides, you also need to use the flashing file in TAR or TAR.MD5.
Additionally, you can upgrade or downgrade the software update, and restore factory settings on Samsung phones. This tool works on all the Samsung Galaxy models. Do you want to unlock the bootloader, unroot, unbrick your Samsung Galaxy smartphone? Then download the latest version of the Samsung flashing tool JOdin3 for Mac and Linux OSX.
- Based on Heimdall tool and CASUAL-X project
- Flash Samsung Stock firmware
- Install third-party custom ROMs
- Unbrick Samsung and restore default factory settings
- Flash custom recovery like CWM or TWRP
- It can grab PIT file with a single device reboot
- Unroot Android smartphone and tablet
- Gain root access using CF-Auto-Root
- Install custom kernel and mods
- Supports TAR and TAR.MD5 files
JOdin3 Tool – LATEST
How to Install JOdin3 on Mac OSX
Jodin3 Download Mac
- At first, download and install Java on your macOS.
- Moreover, download Heimdall-suite-1.4.0-mac.dmg and install it on your PC.
- If you have Samsung Smart Switch or Samsung Kies installed, uninstall them to avoid any interference.
- Extract the download JOdin3.zip file.
- Launch the JOdin3CASUAL-r1017-dist.jar file from the extracted folder.
- That’s it! This is how you can successfully install JOdin3 on macOS.
How to Use JOdin3 to flash Samsung Firmware
- Download Samsung firmware/recovery/ROM file in a .TAR or .TAR.MD5 format.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your Samsung Android device.
- Using a standard USB cable, connect your Samsung device to your PC.
- On the PC, launch the JOdin3 Tool.
- JOdin will show a Connected message with a green background.
- If such a thing doesn’t happen, then re-install Samsung USB Drivers on your macOS.
- Boot your Samsung Galaxy device into Download Mode.
- For doing so, switch off your phone. Then press and hold the Power button + Volume Down + Home/Bixby button altogether.
- On the JOdin tool, check the Auto Reboot option.
- Click on the PDA tab and browse and select the downloaded TAR or TAR.MD5 file.
- Finally, press the Start button to initiate the flashing process.
- The tool will ask you for a PIT file. Just click on Yes.
- Again a message will appear on the screen, Just click OK.
- At last, click on Start to begin the installation process.
- Wait and be patient until the installation completes.
- Upon completion, a PASS message will appear in the tool.
- If something goes wrong, it will display a FAILED message.
- On the other hand, your phone will restart automatically.
- This is how you can use the JOdin3 tool on Mac OSX.
In case, if you run into any problem during or after installation, then drop us a comment below. We’ll help you out. Thank you!
If you have every tried flashing a Samsung smartphone, then you must have heard of Odin. Odin is a simple and common tool that is used for flashing Samsung devices. This tool comes in very handy when it comes to rooting or flashing Samsung phones, it allows Samsung phone users to customize their phone with a vast number of Android ROMs and other tweaks.
However, Odin does not support all the desktop OS platform. You can only use Odin on your Windows operating system, as it comes for Windows support only. So, if you have a Mac or Ubuntu and can’t figure out a way to root your Samsung smartphone, you have come to the right place. In this article, I will tell you how you can use Odin in your Mac / Ubuntu OS and flash your phones easily. Keep reading…
- Odin / JOdin3 For Mac
About Odin / JOdin3
As already mentioned, Odin helps you flash your smartphone easily. Apart from flashing, by using Odin/ JOdin3, you can also do many other things like performing recoveries, unlock bootloaders or modem files on Samsung GalaxyNero express 4 download free. device. Not only that this tool will also help you unbrick, unroot and return back to stock firmware on your devices. The tool actually very useful when you are unable to find a way to fix your unbricked phone. You can restore your device to complete stock firmware without typing any codes, just by using this tool.
Odin / JOdin3 For Mac
Actually this tool, Odin only came for Windows and could not support another OS platform. However, as the use and popularity of this tool increased, developer ported this tool to other platforms as well. Adam Outler, a famous XDA developer has ported Odin3 to MAC OS and named it as JOdin3. So now Mac users can also use this handy tool to flash their Samsung Galaxy devices.
- Also, read this guide on how to download Bydia
You can easily Download & Install Odin/JOdin3 for MAC OSX. This requires no expertise and installing and using this tool is very simple.
Features Of JOdin3:
After porting Odin to JOdin3, it has become much easier to use and got a lot of new features. Here is list of the features of JOdin3:-
- Easy to use interface on your Mac
- Easy flashing Samsung smartphone.
- Platform independent
- Supports MacBook (OSX) / Ubuntu OS / Windows OS
- Easily flash custom ROMs, stock ROMs, and much more
- Access via JOdin3 via the internet make use of all the features
So why to go through all the complex process of rooting and flashing your Samsung phones when you have a much simpler process, just by using JOdin3 .
Pre-Requirements Before Using JOdin3:
- Download and install the latest version of Java on your Mac OS.
- Download and install the latest version of Heimdall your MacBook.
- If you have Samsung KIES installed on your MacBook, make sure to uninstall it.
- Download your root or recovery files, as required.
- Use the original USB cable to connect your Android device to your MacBook.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your Galaxy device.
- Download JOdin3 for Mac/Ubuntu/Windows(link provided below).
Note:You won’t be able to flash large files using JOdin as JOdin3 doesn’t support flashing large files, e.g. Firmware files.
How To Use JOdin3 On Mac:
- You have two option, you can either access JOdin3 online or download the JOdin3 offline version.
- Now, open the online JOdin3 or the downloaded JOdin3 on your MacBook.
- Click on the “PDA” tab or your desired tab.
- Now select .tar.md5 file.
- Now, put your Samsung Galaxy in download mode( To boot into download mode, switch off your phone completely. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power Key.). After entering the download mode, connect it to your MacBook.
- Uncheck all the options in JOdin3 (if not already) except for the Auto-Reboot option.
- Click the “Start” button now, JOdin3 will ask you for PIT file of your device.
- Finally, follow all the instructions on your screen in order to successfully flash your device.
Jodin3 Mac Download
Jodin3 Download For Mac
This is one of the simplest methods of flashing your Samsung Galaxy devices. Now you don’t have to go through all the hassle of following some complex codes and stuff. Just download and install JOdin3 on your MAC or Windows or Ubuntu and start flashing and tweaking your devices.