Self Service is an application that will allow you to install approved software on your computer without needing an administrator's password. All district Macintosh computers should have the Self Service program installed in their Applications folder.
- Go to the Applications folder and scroll down to the Self Service icon.
- When you launch Self Service, you will be prompted to log in. Enter your district username and password. Then hit the Return key on your keyboard.
- You are now at the Self Service Home page. In the middle of the screen you will see a list of featured applications that you can install. To find other available applications to install, you can use the Search Box in the upper left corner of your screen, or you can browse the Categories list on the left side of the screen.
- In the example below, we will install the Adobe Flash player update. On the left side of the screen, select the Internet category. You will see a list of all the installers available within the Internet category.
- If you click on the program icon, you will see a description of the program, and in some cases important installation instructions. In this case, the instructions state to quit all web browsers before installing this update and restart the computer after installation completes.
- To install the program, click the Install button. Once you click the install button, it will become a progress indicator.
- When the installation is complete, the button will say Done. Click the Close button.
- You can click on the Activity button at the top of the screen to view the Self Service installation history.
If you have problems installing a program from Self Service please fill out a Web Help Desk work order ticket.
Self Service Acc
The Microsoft Download Manager solves these potential problems. It gives you the ability to download multiple files at one time and download large files quickly and reliably. It also allows you to suspend active downloads and resume downloads that have failed. Microsoft Download Manager is free and available for download now. Bringing the Launcher to Mac Our user base is a very unique set of users. They prefer things to “just happen” by magic. For us, Applications are best scoped directly to devices, however we were able to leverage the power of Bookmarks in Self Service for creating a one-stop shop for all the web shortcuts to mimic the application that we use on our Windows computers. Download Self Service Portal Mac Software Advertisement Nervepoint Access Manager v.1.1R8 Nervepoint Access Manager is a powerful and easy to use for complete self service password management.