Not only is Instagram the top photo-sharing site out there, but it’s quickly becoming one of the best ways to film and share videos. There are all kinds of ways to share videos on Instagram — Stories, Instagram Live, IGTV — and Instagram has some great tools for making your video stand out.
Download Instagram videos - Our Instagram video downloader lets you save Instagram Video and convert from Instagram to MP3 and MP4 files for free! How to Download Instagram for PC. Follow the steps below on how to download Instagram for PC. The first thing you will need to do is download BlueStacks and install it on your computer. BlueStacks is basically an Android emulator. So it mimics a phone on your computer, that is how it is able to get passed Instagram’s TOS. While many want to download YouTube videos, the only way to do so responsibly is on iOS and Android, by paying the $11.99 for YouTube Premium. Otherwise, you're violating YouTube's terms of.
But what happens when you want to save Instagram videos to the Camera Roll on your iPhone? Is this even possible? The short answer is yes, although it does require a bit of extra effort. Here’s an overview of different ways to save Instagram videos, including how to save videos from an Instagram story or an Instagram DM.
Can you save a video from Instagram?
While there are dozens of apps that allow you to save Insta videos to your phone, they can be sketchy at best, and none of them are recommended or endorsed by Instagram itself.
When you record a video using the Instagram app, the video file is stored on the platform. Instagram would like to keep it that way, but fortunately, there are some workarounds that enable you to save your Instagram videos to your Camera Roll.
Before you download any Insta videos
- Make room for the videos on your iPhone. As you know, videos take a lot of space, and if you want to download some to your iPhone, you want to have space for them. A smart way to do that is to run a photo cleanup with an app like Gemini Photos. It helps you find and delete similar photos, old screenshots, blurred pics, and other clutter that's wasting storage.
Instagram Download On Macbook
How to save Instagram videos to your phone via your Mac
One workaround to download an Instagram video is to save the video to your computer using the web-based version of Instagram and then share it to your iPhone via iCloud, AirDrop, or email. Here’s how to get videos from Instagram onto your Mac:
- Open Instagram in the browser browser and head over to the video you want to save.
- Click on the video. Once the video opens, right click on the screen, but not on the actual video.
- A context menu will appear. Depending on the browser you’re using, click either View Page Source or Inspect Element. This should open a new tab with the source code for the page you are looking at.
- Click Command+F to open your browser’s search field.
- A text box will appear. Type in “mp4.”
- This should give you a few highlighted results, and the first highlighted mp4 will be part of a larger URL.
- Copy the entire URL and paste it into the address bar of a new tab in your browser.
- You should see a standalone video.
- Click on the three dots in the bottom right corner of the video and click Download.
- Change the file name to whatever you want and save your video to your Mac.
Now that you’ve got your video downloaded, you can share it to your iPhone via AirDrop:
- Right-click on the video file on your Mac.
- Go to Share > AirDrop.
- If you don’t have Wi-Fi or Bluetooth turned on, you’ll be prompted to turn them on. Your iPhone also needs to have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on.
- All AirDrop users within your Mac’s Bluetooth range will appear on your screen.
- Click on your iPhone to send the video.
- On your iPhone, you’ll see a pop-up asking if you want to accept the file. Tap Accept.
- Back on your Mac, click Done.
That’s it, your video will transfer to your phone.
How to save an Instagram story
Saving an Instagram story is a little bit different than saving a video from an Instagram gallery, and fortunately, it’s not quite as complex. If you’re saving your own Insta stories to your Camera Roll, here’s how it works.
- Tap on one of your stories and then tap More in the lower-right corner of your screen.
- Tap Save, and then Save Video.
Instagram On Mac Computer
The setting might not be on by default. In that case, after step 1 you’ll do the following:
- Scroll down to Saving, and where it says Save to Camera Roll, swipe the button into the on position.
- Go back to your story, tap on the three dots again, and when you tap Save, you’ll be able to save your individual video or your whole story to your Camera Roll.
Want to save someone else’s Instagram story (with permission, of course)? If you have an iPhone, the easiest way to do this is to record your iPhone's screen with the built-in recorder. Here’s how to do it.
- Head to your iPhone’s Settings, tap Control Center, and then Customize Controls.
- Scroll down to Screen Recording and tap the plus sign.
- Your screen recorder has now been added to your Control Center, along with your flashlight, music, and camera app.
- When you’re ready to record a story, simply swipe up and press the record button.
- Press the button again when you want to stop recording. The entire screen, including the Instagram story with sound, will be recorded and saved to your Camera Roll.
How to copy a video from Instagram DM
Recording a direct-message video on Instagram works exactly the same way as recording someone’s Instagram story. Simply use your iPhone’s screen recorder to record the Instagram video. It will automatically be saved to your Camera Roll for future viewing.
Saving videos within the Instagram app is super easy, but as you can see, downloading those same videos to your Camera Roll requires a bit more work. While the workarounds mentioned above aren’t effortless, they allow you to avoid dubious third-party apps while downloading your favorite Instagram videos to your Camera Roll.
Save original high-quality videos from Instagram to your device.
TWO MORE UNIQUE & USEFUL INSTAGRAM TOOLS
Your video downloader for Instagram
Collect hot content from Instagram and reuse videos if needed. The tool is user-friendly – find the answers to all your questions below.
Instagram Download For Mac
What is an Instagram Video Downloader?
The Video Downloader for Instagram is an online service that allows you to save video content on your PC or mobile phone. This tool is the simplest approach to downloading videos you like and can't live without on your device. Ingramer has no limits on the number of videos you can download, choose the most suitable package for your needs.
What devices are compatible with the in-built Downloader?
Ingramer supports downloads from Instagram regardless of the operating system and device type. It is possible to save catchy vids to your iPhone, Android, and computer. The only rule – you might have to free up some memory on a device. Content downloading on a computer is available for the most popular operating systems – macOS, Windows, Linux. The Ingramer Downloader is an online service accessible from any gadget from all over the globe.
How to use Video Downloader for Instagram online?
The whole process is a no brainer. Follow these simple steps:
- Pick the episode you like from your IG or someone's account;
- Push the button with 3 dots next to this post;
- Hit the button Copy URL;
- Insert the link to the video Downloader search bar;
- Tap on Download.
- The desired video appears in the gallery of your phone or on your PC as soon as it’s downloaded.
The process takes just a few minutes and doesn't require registration.
Ingramer Downloader Video Instagram. Is it free?
Yes, you can use Instagram Video Downloader online at a zero dollar fee. If you want to save all of a profile’s content at once, without limitations, you need to subscribe to the Premium Downloader of profiles. It’s paid: first 3 days for €1 (trial), then €8/month for 10 profiles, €42/month for 100 profiles, and €86/month for an unlimited number of profiles to download.
Is it legal to save videos via Video Downloader for Instagram?
Yes. The Ingramer tool for content saving from social media is 100% safe and legal. When you save the media that other users uploaded onto their account, bear in mind a crucial rule, which is you can save any content, but it’s only for personal use. It is legal to save someone's content to view offline, but you can't reuse it to get income. Otherwise, you should ask the author and mention them whenever you publish their video.
Are there any limits on the number of videos I can download?
No. You can copy and paste links from dusk till dawn and download Instagram videos without limitations. But if you want to save time and download all videos from a profile, subscribe for a Premium Package: first 3 days for €1 (trial), then €8/month for 10 profiles, €42/month for 100 profiles and €86/month for an unlimited number of profiles to download.
Can I save other than video content on this site?
Sure. Ingramer has the tool for saving images, IGTV, Stories along with videos. It works just the same, you just need to insert a link to the content.