- 1. Mac Files Tips
- 2. Mac Software
- 3. Mac Storage Tips
- 4. Mac Troubleshooting
- 5. Mac OS
- Can You Download Windows 7 On A Mac File
- How To Install Windows 7 On A Macbook Air
- Windows 7 Setup For Pc
- Apple Boot Camp Windows 7
by Jenefey AaronUpdated on 2020-04-13 / Update for Mac OS
If you have a Mac system but want to run Windows on that system, you will need to create Windows 10 bootable USB on Mac for PC. Even if the Mac system uses Mac OS, you can still run Windows on it this way. Also, if you have got a new PC this way, you can install Windows on it.
If you have a Mac system but want to run Windows on that system, you will need to create Windows 10 bootable USB on Mac for PC. Even if the Mac system uses Mac OS, you can still run Windows on it this way. Also, if you have got a new PC this way, you can install Windows on it. Tip: The 64-bit version is installed by default unless Office detects you already have a 32-bit version of Office (or a stand-alone Office app such as Project or Visio) installed.In this case, the 32-bit version of Office will be installed instead. To change from a 32-bit version to a 64-bit version or vice versa, you need to uninstall Office first (including any stand-alone Office apps you. Installing Windows 7 on a Mac. Using Boot Camp, Microsoft's Windows 7 can be installed and used on a Mac. This lets you enjoy the benefits of both operating systems, without migrating to new hardware. A step-by-step guide to installing Windows 7, after the jump. Here's how to install it on your Mac in a few simple steps: Make sure you have plenty of hard drive space, at least 40 or 50 gigabytes.
In a case wherein the hard drive on the PC has been replaced, you will have to reinstall Windows on it. These are just some reasons as to why you may have to create bootable Windows 10 USB on Mac. This article will detail five different methods to create bootable USB Windows 10 on Mac.
Part 1: Can You Create a Windows Bootable USB on Mac
Wondering about, can you create a Windows bootable USB on Mac? You can easily do this with the help of the methods listed out in this article. Follow these methods to easily make bootable USB Mac Windows 10. These methods will answer all your questions about how to make a Windows 10 bootable USB on Mac.
[5 Methods] How to Create Windows 10 Bootable USB on Mac Mojave
Method 1: Make Windows Bootable USB Mac with PassFab 4WinKey
Thinking about how do I create a bootable USB drive for Mac easily? PassFab 4WinKey is an incredible tool that can be used to make Windows bootable USB on Mac. It can be used for several other purposes as well, like for removing or resetting the Windows Admin password. You can know how to create Windows 10 bootable USB on Mac using this tool by following the steps given below.
- After installing the program on your system, launch it, and insert a USB to it.
Popcorn time mac download 2020. Click on “USB Flash Drive” from the main interface and then on “Burn”.
Once done, click on “OK” on the pop-up window.
This is how simple it is to make bootable Windows 10 USB Mac with the help of this tool.
Method 2: Use UNetbootin to Install USB Driver on Mac
UNetbootin is a Windows 10 USB tool Mac that is completely free to use and can be used in a scenario wherein you have to make bootable USB Windows 10 on Mac system. For this, you need to keep a USB with the .iso file downloaded in it. Follow the steps below to know how you can use this program to know how to make a bootable USB Windows 10 on Mac.
- Connect the USB drive with the .iso file to your Mac system.
- From “Disk Utility,” click on your USB drive.
- Click on “Disk Image” and then on the “..” icon and select the .iso file that you have downloaded.
- Select “USB Drive” from the drop-down menu in front of “Type” and also select the name of your USB drive.
Once done, click on “OK”.
Wait for a few minutes, and the USB would be formatted to a bootable drive.
Method 3: Use Boot Camp Assistant on Mac
If you wish to know how to make a bootable USB Windows 10 on Mac using Boot Camp Assistant, read on. You will need to have a USB drive with a storage capacity of 16 GB or more for this method to work. You can use the following steps to know how to make a Windows 10 bootable USB on Mac using Bootcamp Assistant.
- After inserting the USB drive into your Mac system, launch “Boot Camp Assistant”.
Only check “create a Windows 7 or later version install disk” and ignore all other options and then click on “Continue”.
Download the .iso file from a trusted source, which will be detected automatically by Boot Camp Assistant and then click on “Continue”.
After Boot Camp Assistant is done, check if USB deive has been renamed WININSTALL. Tap 'Quit' to close app and then eject the USB drive.
After a few minutes, the process would have been completed. However, you cannot use this method if you have macOS Mojave or other later versions of macOS.
Method 4: Use Terminal to Make Bootable USB on Mac
This is the most complicated method out of all the methods described above and, therefore, must only be used as a last resort. You will need a USB drive for this method to work. Use the steps given below to create a Windows 10 bootable USB on Mac using Terminal.
- After connecting the USB drive to your Mac system, open Terminal.
- Key in “diskutil list” and press “Enter” key to see the list of connected drives and findyour USB drive’s name.
- Run the command “diskutil eraseDisk MS-DOS “WINDOWS10” GPT<drive name>@”.
- Download the .iso file on your Mac system.
- Key in the command “hdiutil mount ~/Downloads/WINDOWS10IMAGE.iso” to mount .iso image.
- Key in the command “cp -rp/Volumes/MOUNTED-ISO/* /Volumes/WINDOWS10/”.
- Run the command “hdiutil unmount/Volumes/MOUNTED-ISO” and then close Terminal.
Eject your USB drive, and the process would be complete.
Method 5: Use Disk Utility to Create USB on Mac
Put USB drive into your Mac system and launch Disk Utility.
- On the left, right-click on the chosen USB drive and format it with MS-DOS (FAT).
Drag the .iso file to the USB drive. This step will start the writing process of the .iso file on USB.
A Bonus Tip: The Professional Way to Recover Data from Windows 10 Bootable USB
Although most of the above methods to create Windows 10 bootable USB Mac are pretty straight forward, while executing these steps, you may end up losing some important data from the Windows bootable USB. If this happens, don’t be tensed. With the help of Tenorshare Windows Boot Genius, you can recover the lost data easily. Here’s how you can do this.
Install and run this program on your system, click on “USB Flash Drive” and then on “Burn”.
This burned drive needs to be inserted in the system that won’t boot. Keep pressing the F12 key while doing so.
Run the program and from the main interface, click on “Data Recovery”.
Select the disk from which you wish to recover the data and then click on “Scan”.
Once you get the files, select them and click on “Recover”.
Can You Download Windows 7 On A Mac File
After this, the accidentally deleted or lost data and files will be recovered.
With the help of the above methods, you can easily create Windows 10 bootable USB on Mac High Sierra. The methods involving Terminal and Disk Utility are pretty complicated, while the other methods are fairly easy and effective. If, during the process, you accidentally lose out on some files and data, you can make use of Tenorshare 4DDiG for Mac Data Recovery to recover these files easily. It is recommended that to use Tenorshare Windows Boot Genius to recover lost data on windows 10, if you need.
Mac OS is the secondmost popular operating system after Microsoft Windows. Although you arecomfortable using Windows for a very long time but there are many scenarioswhere you need a Mac OS machine.
Whether you want to develop your iOS app on Xcode, using apps like Final Cut Pro or iMovie which only comes on Mac OS, you need to buy an expensive Apple Macbook. So, without making a hole in your pocket, the alternate solution to this installing Mac OS on your Windows computer. Let’s get started with this tutorial
Watch Video Tutorial
Step One: Download Mac OS ISO Image file
As you are on a Windows PC, you don’t have access to Apple Store to download Mac OS. You need to download Mac OS from an external trusted source. You can download the latest Mac OS Catalina 10.15 or Mac OS Mojave 10.14 Installer files from our website.
Step Two: Download Virtual Machine for Windows
How To Install Windows 7 On A Macbook Air
There is various free Virtual Machine software available for Windows such as Oracle’s VirtualBox. But I recommend using VMware Workstation Pro, although it’s a paid software but you can use it free for 30 days trial. You can download Vmware Workstation Pro 15 from this link.
Step Three: Install VMware Patch to run Mac OS X
- Go to the VMware macOS Unlocker page to download. Click the Clone or download button, then click Download ZIP.
- Power off all virtual machines running and exit VMware.
- Extract the downloaded .zip file in step 1.
- On Windows, right-click on the win-install.cmd file and select Run as Administrator to unlock. Also, run win-update-tools.cmd for VMware tools for macOS.
- After the unlock process is complete, run VMware to create the macOS virtual machine.
Windows 7 Setup For Pc
Step Four: Create an Apple Mac OS Virtual Machine
- Click File, select New Virtual Machine…
- Select Typical (recommended) and click Next.
- Select I will install the operating system later. and click Next.
- Select Apple Mac OS X in the Guest operating system section and select macOS 10.14 in the Version section. Click Next.
- In the Name, the Virtual Machine window, name the virtual machine and virtual machine directory. I personally would put it on a different drive than the system drive.
- Select the size for the new virtual disk in the Specify Disk Capacity window. This is the virtual disk to be installed macOS. Click Next and then Finish.
Step Five: Run you Mac OS Virtual Machine with VMDK or ISO file
After successfully creating an Apple Mac OS Virtual Machine, you need to run the machine with an actual Mac OS file such as Mac OS Mojave 10.14 ISO file or Mac OS Mojave 10.14 VMDK Image
Watch this Video Tutorial
If you face any driver issues, Try installing VMware tools from the VM tab in the VMware window. Also, I would recommend assigning a minimum of 4GB RAM and 40GB of Hard Disk to your Virtual Machine.
Apple Boot Camp Windows 7
That’s it for the tutorial If you face any issues or had any query then please let us know in the comment section below. You can also send us an email via the contact us page for personalized support.